Pierre Yves-BenainPortfolio Head, e-Aircraft
Pierre-Yves holds a master degree in Telecommunications & IT engineering and an MBA. He accumulated over 20 years international experience in air transport IT & Communications in various management position from strategic technical development, product management, business development, program management and innovation. Pierre-Yves strongly believes that aviation is under-utilizing its digital capital and currently puts his experience for the development of aircraft data management solution to enhance SITAONAIR’s nose-to-tail portfolio proposition. In addition to his work Pierre-Yves teaches corporate strategy at International University in Geneva, Pierre-Yves is passionate about aviation and holds a private pilot license.
- How to effectively build the on-board platform to maximize airline business case
- Integrate the airline IT with the e-enabled aircraft. Example A350
Removing silos, building the right Industry collaborations to the benefit of airlines
2:30 PM Panel discussion: What does the future look like for ACARS and will there come a time when ACARS is obsolete?
- How is ACARS evolving to leverage new IP protocols and new cockpit avionics applications
- Understanding the business and safety case for replacing ACARS messages with data sets
- How is WAN technology improving and will it one day replace ACARS connectivity altogether?